What You Need to Know: Plantation Programs
Sharing the following information with students, teachers, and chaperones will ensure that you fully enjoy your visit.
- We must receive your payment a week before your program. Payment should include all students and chaperones who are attending the program. Payment will be accepted in the form of one check from your organization, organization credit card or in cash at our office. Personal checks cannot be accepted from chaperones. Refunds will only be given on a case by case basis with approval from the owner.
- Plan to arrive at Boone Hall Plantation 10-15 minutes in advance. If you need specific directions go to the Boone Hall Plantation website, www.boonehallplantation.com or contact us at (843)884-4371.
- *Busses are to unload and load in the designated area BEHIND the house. No busses are to stop on the Avenue of Oaks or in front of the house. A map will be provided for the driver upon arrival.
- If your group is going to be 15 or more minutes late, please contact Michael Hedden at (843)884-4371. This allows us to handle any overlap that may be created with groups who are coming later in the day. Please bear in mind, if your group is 15 or more minutes late, you may not get the full program or your program may be pushed to a later time slot. We will make every effort to accommodate you; however groups who arrive at their scheduled time will receive their programs first.
- Expectations for student behavior on the field trip should be the same as for the classroom. It is the responsibility of the teachers and chaperones to maintain control of the group. Keep up with the instructor or volunteer leading the group and show courtesy by not speaking to students in the other groups you pass.
- Dress appropriately for the weather. Groups will participate in outdoor activities and tours. We will only cancel the program if there is lightening or other dangerous weather. A little rain does not count.
Dress in layers. This allows adjustment of comfort level by adding or removing clothing. Hats and coats are essential in cold or wet weather especially during morning programs.
Note: Bring water for your students. There are no drinking facilities anywhere on the plantation.
- Restroom facilities are in three locations around the plantation. Please arrive early enough for a restroom break before the program if needed.
- You are welcome to bring a lunch to eat after the program is completed. Boone Hall Market can provide a boxed lunch if reservations are made in advance. Picnic areas are provided on the grounds; however there are no enclosed picnic areas if weather is inclement.
- We have souvenirs and snacks available for sale in our gift shop. If you want this option for your students, please let us know ahead of time. We ask that you send designated groups of no more than 10 students at a time with an adult to the Gift Shop. If students are not acting appropriately in the café, they will be asked to leave.
A Boone Hall Plantation representative will contact you about a week before your program to assist with any special needs, questions or concerns you may have or you may contact Michael Hedden at (843)884-4371 or email at email@example.com to register your school.
© 2019 Boone Hall Plantation