What You Need to Know: Pumpkin Patch Programs
Sharing the following information with students, teachers, and chaperones will ensure that you fully enjoy your visit.
- We must receive your payment a week before your program. Payment should include all students and chaperones who are attending the program. Payment will be accepted in the form of one check from your organization, organization credit card or in cash at our office. Personal checks cannot be accepted from chaperones. Refunds will only be given on a case by case basis with approval from the owner.
- The U-Pick Field is located on Highway 17 in Mt. Pleasant. Do not enter from the Long Point Road entrance. Plan to arrive at the Pumpkin Patch 5 -10 minutes in advance to allow for restroom break and to put wristbands on the students. If you need specific directions go to the Boone Hall Plantation website, www.boonehallplantation.com or contact us at (843)884-4371 ext. 221. Encourage carpooling if you are not coming on buses.
- If your group is going to be 15 or more minutes late, please contact Michael Hedden at (843)884-4371. This allows us to handle any overlap that may be created with groups who are coming later in the day. Please bear in mind, if your group is 15 or more minutes late, you may not get the full program or your program may be pushed to a later time slot. We will make every effort to accommodate you; however groups who arrive at their scheduled time will receive their programs first.
- Upon arriving, send one person from your group to check-in. You will collect wrist bands for everyone in your group including teachers and chaperones. Wrist bands must be worn the whole time you are at the pumpkin patch. No one will be allowed to choose a pumpkin without a wrist band.
- Expectations for student behavior on the field trip should be the same as for the classroom. It is the responsibility of the teachers and chaperones to maintain control of the group. Keep up with the instructor or volunteer leading the group and show courtesy by not speaking to students in the other groups you pass.
- Dress appropriately for the weather. Groups will participate in outdoor activities and tours. We will only cancel the program if there is lightening or other dangerous weather. A little rain does not count.
- Wear shoes that are easy to take on and off and can get dirty. Closed-toed shoes work best with muddy conditions. Dress in layers. This allows adjustment of comfort level by adding or removing clothing. Hats and coats are essential in cold or wet weather especially during morning programs.
Note: Bring water for your students. There are no drinking facilities anywhere at the Pumpkin Patch.
- Port-a-johns are located in various spots around the Pumpkin Patch. Please arrive early enough for a restroom break before the program if needed.
- You are welcome to bring a lunch to eat after the program is completed. Picnic tables are reserved for your group under the education tent. Please use only those tables that are reserved for your group as other groups have reserved tables also.
- We have souvenirs and snacks available for sale in our merchandise tent. If you want this option for your students, please let us know ahead of time. We will ask that you send designated groups of no more than ten students at a time with an adult through the Merchandise Tent.
If parents and teachers want a pumpkin they can either pick one and pay by the pound or pay $4.00 for the size the students get.
A Boone Hall Plantation representative will contact you about a week before your program to assist with any special needs, questions or concerns you may have or you may contact Jennifer Cochran at (843)884-4371 ext. 221 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to register your school.
© 2019 Boone Hall Plantation